Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Shame's my name

I would like to see Shame, a film about a sex addict played by Michael Fassbender. This is what Michael Fassbender looks like, in case you were wondering:

Eeew! Well, I guess I will endure it for the sake of cinema.

 But here's my true dilemma: how do I do it without looking like a creep/feeling extremely awkward?


  • If I go with a friend it will be uncomfortable because it's an NC-17 film about a sex addict. 
  • If I go by myself I am going to be the person who is sitting alone in a dark theatre, watching an NC-17 film about a sex addict and eating Junior Mints. Actually, maybe I could make this one work for me and go in and zero in on a couple in the (probably) sparsely populated theatre and sit right next to them. Without even a seat between us. Then I could offer them a candy like that girl at the end of Ferris Bueller: "They've been in my pocket. They're real warm and soft."
So, what should I do? I already feel self-conscious because I tried to watch the red band trailer via Fox Searchlight's facebook page, and it wasn't working. I clicked on the link like 15 times before I thought What if they are sending an email to my mom, notifying her every time I click on this?

Or what if it is showing up on my profile: 


Brooke likes Shame. 



 Brooke likes Shame.


 Brooke likes Shame.


 Brooke likes Shame.


Brooke likes Shame.


Brooke likes Shame.




I'll tell you what. I WOULD PROBABLY MAYBE FEEL SHAME. 

Oh yeah, P.S. I am 28 years old and I'm fretting over this. And I just posted it on my blog so everyone knows I want to see a movie about a sex addict! 

2 comments:

  1. I want to see it too! We could sit with a seat between us? It's only NC-17 because of the absurdly conservative MPAA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's see it!! I facebooked you about some other movies I am interested in seeing as well!

    ReplyDelete